Scotland Saltire Scholarships is a financial aid programme extended by the government of Scotland with the cooperation of Scottish universities. This scholarship is given to those students who wish to pursue their masters in any of Scotland’s higher education institutions. Scotland has always been one of the most desired places to pursue higher education and therefore the government of Scotland has started this scholarship so that more students could get access to the world-class education that it has to offer. This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on Scotland Saltire Scholarship.
This Blog Includes:
About Scotland Saltire Scholarship
Here are some of the key highlights of this scholarship.
|Scholarship type||Merit based|
|Offered by||Government of Scotland|
|Renewability||One time Scholarship|
|Scholarship amount||£8000 ( INR 7,86,228) Towards tuition fee of any one year of your study.|
|Study level Eligibility||Postgraduate masters program|
Check Out: Siemens Scholarship for Indian Students
Eligibility Criteria for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship Program
The candidates are required to fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship program:
- The candidate must be a legal resident of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China.
- The applicant must have secured admission at any Scottish university under any eligible course.
- As this scholarship will only cover the tuition fees, the Candice must show a financial statement proving his/her ability to fund their stay in Scotland.
- The candidate must not have previously studied in Scotland or been a recipient of the Scotland Saltire Scholarship before.
- The candidate must be pursuing a regular masters degree programme. The list of eligible courses is given below.
|Creative Industries||Communication, Media and Culture
New Media Studies
Computer Games/Computer Arts
|Healthcare and Medical Sciences||Physical and Life Sciences
|Renewable and clean energy||Sustainable Energy
Weather and Climate
- Only students opting for full-time courses are eligible to apply and not those who wish to pursue a part-time or distance learning course.
Must Read: Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
Other requirements for Scotland Saltire Scholarship
Here are some other requirements for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship which you must keep in mind:
- The performance of the Candidate must be in accordance with the standard of both the Saltire Scholarship programme and the institute that they are a part of. If the candidate fails to do so, their Scholarship could get terminated.
- Academic Excellence is a must but so is taking part in extra-curricular activities which ensures the overall development of students.
- The candidate must be willing to conduct interviews on the behalf of the university during their welcome or end year events.
- Actively engaging in promoting the Scotland government or educational institution on social media or otherwise based on their individual experience.
Recommended Read: NEST Scholarship
Universities Offering Scotland Saltire Scholarship
Here is a list of top universities which accept Scotland Saltire Scholarships so that you could choose the right one to apply for.
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Glasgow School of Art
- Queen Margaret University
- Robert Gordon University
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College
- University of Aberdeen
- Royal Conservatoire Scotland
- University of Dundee
- University of St. Andrews
- University of the Highlands and Islands
The application procedure for the year 2022 is closed now. We’ll update the notifications once the Scotland Government renews the Scotland Saltire Scholarship for the next cohort and you might not want to miss out on it.
This is all that you needed to know about the Scotland Saltire Scholarship. If you wish to study in Scotland, then our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you find the right program, university as well as the scholarship to fund your dream education abroad! Sign up for a free session with us now!