The prestigious Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program was launched in 1959. The Government of Canada offers achievement scholarships to all Commonwealth member nations. The aim of the CCSP is to foster Canadian ideals and culture around the world and to help address the human capital needs of developing countries. Canada has played a leading role in the development of the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan and remains the primary beneficiary to the initiative after the United Kingdom. Let us explore more about this scholarship!
This Blog Includes:
About Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
|Merit-Based and Need-Based
|Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
|Tuition Fees and extra funds worth $10,000 which is approximately 5,68,282 INR
|Masters and Doctorate
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- For Master’s degrees and doctoral degrees, applicants should have or intend to hold a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in the subject area involved, with 60 per cent or more marks in the Humanities and Social Sciences Group and 65 per cent or more marks in the Engineering and Technology, Research and Agriculture Group.
Tuition or academic costs may be covered at the Canadian university for recipients of grants, as recipients are enrolled full-time and pay for their chosen university.
- Economy Return and International Travel
- Tuition Fees
- Adequate Maintenance and Other Allowances.
Must Read: Canada Immigration Highlights
Candidates who are participating in this scholarship scheme should notify their home institution to make their involvement known and to reach out if there is a partnership or an exchange arrangement with the Canadian Institution or College. The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) provides an extensive database of foreign exchange agreements for the interested candidates which provides a list of some of the current agreements between two Institutions.
An institutional exchange arrangement is preferable, but, when there is no arrangement made previously then the applications by students could also result in a new collaboration between professors from Canadian institutions and International institutions.
Research Applicants pursuing a Doctoral Degree must apply for a Work Permit in order to gain an effortless acceptance and to gain approval at the Canadian border.
Selection Criteria for CCSF
Applications will be judged on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic Merit of the suggested study or analysis to be undertaken by the applicant in Canada
- Benefit the home organisation, administrator and peers
- Profit to the Canadian organization, superiors and peers
- Strength of the ties to be formed via the proposed exchange
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with detailed information on Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan. If you require any further assistance in applying for any of these scholarships, our experts at Leverage Edu experts are just a click away. Sign up for a free session with our counsellors and get your queries answered!